Noisy gearbox its a common problem with Segways, in our experience they only seemed to last 2 to 3000 miles, however we do find some preventative measures special silicone oil with additives which can calm down noisy gearboxes and prolong life. Usually happens More on X2 Segways .
Tips on keeping your gear box from damage.
Do not over inflate the tires always Monitor & use the correct tire pressure.
Some tour operators pump up the tires to get more milage (this is the worst thing you can’t to)
- Puts stress on the gear boxes and bearings.
- Compromises safety(remember tire pressure is your suspension)
- Wear’s out the tires quicker.
- Makes a much more harder and uncomfortable ride.
- Sends confusing data to the CPU’s (more error codes)
SEGWAY X2 = 6 PSI
SEGWAY i2 = 14 PSI