Why are my gearbox’s so noisy??
Noisy segway gearbox? Well… it’s a common problem with Segways! In our experience, they only seemed to last 2000 to 3000 miles. However, we do find that some preventative measures, such as special silicone oil with additives, can calm down noisy gearboxes and prolong life. This problem usually happens more on X2 Segways.
Tips on keeping your gearbox from damage.
Do not over inflate the tires. Always monitor and use the correct tire pressure. For an X2 it is 4psi and for an i2 it is 14psi.
Some tour operators pump up the tires to get more mileage (this is not recommended due to the following reasons)
- Puts stress on the gear boxes and bearings.
- Compromises safety (remember tire pressure is your suspension)
- Wear’s out the tires quicker.
- Makes for a much more harder and uncomfortable ride for the customer.
- Sends confusing data to the CPU’s (more error codes)