If you have a Segway battery that’s not working then read this.
Segway Battery Charging with ten years of experience.
The most common reason we get from customers is the Segway has been left off charge for a while!
It is not healthy for a lithium battery to charge continuously. To get the most life out of your batteries, follow the steps below.
1. Purchase a digital timer (like timers used for Christmas Lights)
2. Set the timer so it is on no more than 8-10 hours per day.
3. Allowing your batteries to rest 30 minutes after being used before starting to charge.
4. Following a charge, allow the batteries to rest for 30 minutes before being used.
5. For long-term storage, disconnect your batteries from the Segway completely, and fully charge them. Your batteries can be safely stored this way and should be reconnected and charged every 2-3 months to maintain proper charge. Please be advised long-term storage of 6-8 months will decrease battery performance. Intermittent use is recommended.